- What kind of studio tours does WGBH offer?
- What is the minimum size for a private group tour?
- What is the maximum size for a private group tour?
- Can I watch a taping of a show as part of my tour visit?
- Will a producer or other WGBH staff member speak to my private group?
- Can my private group visit an area of WGBH that’s not on the scheduled tour route (editing suites, media library, etc.)?
- I need a tour tomorrow. Can you accommodate my private group?
- I see that you offer private tours Tuesday through Thursday at 11am. Can I book a private tour at another time or on another day?
- Do you offer tours on weekends?
- Do I need to schedule a public tour?
- How much do your tours cost?
- Can I take photographs on my WGBH tour? May I share them with WGBH?
I have a brownie, cub scout, girl scout or boy scout group and would like to schedule a tour. May I?
WGBH offers a range of tours – from drop-in public tours to scheduled private tours geared to specific types of visitors.
We can accommodate a maximum of 30 people on our private tours. Unfortunately, we cannot schedule larger groups due to studio space constraints. We appreciate your understanding.
Most of the programs taped here at WGBH are closed sets. So your tour won’t include a taping. If you’re interested in attending a screening, performance, or other event at WGBH, please browse our events. Better still, find a WGBH Club that matches your program passions! Club membership gets you many benefits, including invitations to live performances.
WGBH tours are led by highly trained, well-versed volunteer docents. Tours generally take place during regular business hours when our producers and staff are hard at work producing the WGBH programs you enjoy. Tour groups may occasionally encounter staff who have time to speak with visitors. You never know who you may run into on a WGBH studio tour!
6. Can my private group visit an area of WGBH that’s not on the scheduled tour route (editing suites, media library, etc.)?
WGBH tours generally stay on a route designed for the public, which includes many of our state-of-the-art recording studios and performance spaces. We’d be glad to discuss your group’s special request, but we usually stick to a designated tour route.
Unfortunately, WGBH cannot accommodate last-minute requests for private group tours. We need time to schedule our volunteer docents and ensure that the tour route is available for groups. We require advance notice of four weeks to book all private tours.
8. I see that you offer private tours Tuesday through Thursday at 11am. Can I book a private tour at another time or on another day?
At this time, we offer private group tours only on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday at 11am. We appreciate your cooperation.
Private group tours are not scheduled on weekends.
WGBH offers a public tour the first and third Saturday of every month at 2pm. Please note that our offices are closed on Saturdays, however, so our studios tend to be on the quiet side. For a better shot at seeing production in action, we encourage you to join our Wednesday public tours at 2pm.
Public tours are available on a drop-in basis every Wednesday at 2pm and the first and third Saturday of every month at 2pm. If you have a group larger than five people, however, we encourage you to schedule a private group tour. Tours are scheduled on a first come, first served basis.
WGBH does not currently charge a fee for our studio tours — whether public or private group tours. However, as a publicly funded nonprofit that relies on the generosity of the audiences we serve, we would gladly accept your support. Thank you!
Yes, you may bring a camera. Out of respect for our on-air hosts, we ask that you do not photograph staff while they are working. If you'd like to share your photos, please feel free to email them to firstname.lastname@example.org or add them to our Facebook page.
13. I have a brownie, cub scout, girl scout or boy scout group and would like to schedule a tour. May I?
We are not currently offering children's tours. We offer sporadic family tours for small groups. If you'd like to be contacted when we offer our next family tour, please email email@example.com. At this time, we are not offering special tours for girl scouts, boy scouts, brownies, or cub scouts. If you would like to take a tour as a family to receive a patch or badge, please reference the public tours. Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate a full troop on our public tours.